felton

On 16 Sep 2004 10:41:41 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote:

In article ,
Vito wrote:
"Joe" wrote

I think the smart Democrats are excusing themselfs .....

There are NO smart Democrats. If there were, they'd knock off the anti-gun
retoric. Jeeze, even Carvel (sp?) knows that every time a Democrat says
"gun" he looses 1000 votes.

I guess that accounts for Clinton being reelected.

I have to wonder about the gun issue. I think this is just an issue
that might "mobilize the base", but doesn't move any voters. I doubt
there are many hard core gun folks who don't vote republican, just
like there aren't any hard core anti-abortion folks who would consider
crossing the line and voting democratic.

Given that the majority of Americans supported the ban, it seems more
likely that this sort of issue would help democrats, but "gun nuts",
or whatever term you prefer, are often single issue voters, while
"anti-gun nuts" typically are not single issue voters.

Get ready. The republicans are supposed to trot out the tired old
"flag burning" bill before the election, which is becoming an election
year tradition, to further stir up the "patriots". I think I'll break
my radio until New Year, as I can't stand Christmas music, either