felton

On 16 Sep 2004 12:29:13 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:35:26 GMT, felton said:

It was her belief that all the information
in the memos was accurate

I've read the reports of the interview. The above, of course, begs the
question what is the "information in the memos." I take it that question
wasn't asked.

You know what happens when you "assume".

But Marian Carr Knox, a former Texas Air National Guard secretary,
said she did type similar documents for her boss, Lt. Col. Jerry
Killian.

"I know that I didn't type them. However, the information in those is
correct," Knox told CBS anchor Dan Rather.

.... had previously told the same story to the Dallas Morning News in a
report that was published Wednesday morning.

The newspaper said Knox "spoke with precise recollection about dates,
people and events."

She told the Morning News, "I remember very vividly when Bush was
there and all the yak-yak that was going on about it."

In the memos, the author complained he was being pressured to "sugar
coat" the future president's performance evaluations and that Bush
failed to meet performance standards, including getting a required
physical exam.

The author also wrote that Bush -- whose father was a Texas
congressman at the time -- was "talking to someone upstairs" to get
permission to transfer to the Alabama National Guard to work on a
Senate campaign.

Knox told Rather that Killian was "upset" that Bush did not obey his
order to have a physical, and she said the young lieutenant showed
disregard for the rules to a degree that irritated other pilots.