Jake Janovetz

I recently built a couple kayaks from Pygmy Boats (stitch and glue
models) and the results were great. I have little woodworking
knowledge and it is mostly unnecessary. Just follow the instructions.

I am still considering a strip boat design, but haven't taken the
plunge yet. The time commitment is about four-fold and I would need
more tools to complete the work.

Jake

"Kenneth McClelland" wrote in message news:a132d.6974$IO5.6651@trndny04...
I'm thinking real hard about a winter project and building a Kayak is
very high on that list. Has anyone here taken on that project -- and how
did it turn out, with who's design?

I'm looking here http://www.oneoceankayaks.com/ specifically at the Cape
Ann series. I'm leaning to the HV or the Expedition (I'm big and need a
sizable boat). Anyone have any working knowledge of these designs? Any
input would be very much appreciated before I invest in plans or start
building. If not, does anyone have a suggestion for a building group
that I may pose some questions to.