Bennet George

In article . net,
says...

Start with a simple stitch-and-glue model. Then work into something more
complex. You'll be glad you did.

I agree. I am about half way through a stripper which is my first homebuilt
kayak. I started last Christmas, thinking it was going to be a winter project.
I have a well-equipped shop and am not a complete novice woodworker. I am
amazed at how long this is taking and how uncraftsmanlike the results. I'm
thinking now this may be a practice boat which will be burned before letting
anyone see it. I wish I had started with a stitch and glue boat. I'd have been
on the water with it this summer.

Bennet