caperman

Default Mercury inline 6 Performance tips

I am building a 115hp Murcury Outboard the stripes are silver and red and
says oil injected. I was curious what year this motor is. Does this
powerhead have the boost ports in this year. I have two other motors. One
motor is on my boat 1984 90 hp brown stripe runs but has 90 psi
compression across the cylinders. and I have a good Mariner 115 hp
powerhead with 145psi across the cylinders and 115 hp carbs which I was
going to drop on the 90hp lowerunit. Is the lower unit have a different
exhaust chamber or will the 115 hp powerhead work fine with the 90hp lower
unit. If there is any one out there to give me some advice I'ld appreciate
it. I have not been able to find much on porting and performance tips
online.
I have been building two stroke and four stroke race engines for
motorcycles for 30 years. This is a fun new direction. I had a blast this
summer with an 18'Chris Craft Caper with the tired 90hp. Know its time to
freshen things up to make it realy fly.
Thanks,
caperman