Geoffrey W. Schultz

I have Iridium and can't say that it sounds like you're "talking in a
tube." The biggest issue which applies to all satellite based phones is
the delay. I found that their pre-paid service was by far the best deal as
there's no monthly charge and you can find sales where you can get
$1/minute.

I can tell you that Global Star had some problem with one of their ground
stations that made the phones useless in the Belize/Honduras/Guatemala area
for 3+ months earlier this year. Sure ****ed off a lot of people in that
area.

-- Geoff

(TORMAC53) wrote in
:

I am thinking of buying a globalstar for voice com while in the
Yucatan Belize area for 3 months. I hear the sound is better than
Iridium which sounds like you are talking in a tube.
What does any one know about them? They seem to have some great rate
packages.