Steven Shelikoff

Default Anybody following the 3 missing boaters from Naples story?

On 19 Nov 2003 10:51:40 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 19 Nov 2003 04:22:54 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:36:53 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:27:20 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"It takes an intelligent person to debate intelligently. Anybody can inject
personal insults, little kids do it all the time on the playground."

================================================= ===

FishKisser is beginning to remind me more and more of the departed
JAXAshby. Could JAX be back in a new incarnation? Same debating
style for su Is; Is not; Is; Is not; You're a jerk; etc.

I thought it was Jax also. But it probably is not. Because as inept as
Jax was in the technical threads, I don't ever remember him going off
topic into the political threads. And as opposed to basskisser, once in
a very long while, Jax was right about *something*. Basskisser is eager
to show his ineptness in both the technical threads as well as the
political ones.

Steve

Here, stupid, from Newsweek, Dec. 1999:

Thousands of Canadian snowbirds have discovered a new winter nesting
spot - the Florida Panhandle.

Once known as the Redneck Riviera or L.A. (for Lower Alabama) due to
the summer tourists who flocked to these shores on the Gulf of Mexico
from Atlanta, Memphis, Alabama and Baton Rouge, the beaches of
northwest Florida are developing a new identity as the Emerald Coast.
The change is due to an influx of winter visitors, the largest
percentage of whom hail from Canada.

"They fill the place up," says James Olin, executive director of the
Destin Chamber of Commerce. "They start to trickle in in November and
December. Then they flood us from January to March. It's grown over
the last two to three years. There's a waiting list at the larger
resorts."

Destin, which has a year-round population of 7,500, swells to as many
as 60,000 people at the height of the winter season.

In Fort Walton Beach, Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Roger
Peters says the signs of Canadians are everywhere, from Quebec and
Ontario automobile license plates to hotels flying both the American
and Canadian flags. "At our Rotary Club," he says, "after we do the
Pledge of Allegiance, we raise our glasses and toast the Queen.

You do realize that winter tourists are hardly the same thing as year
round residents and do not count as "transplants" because they don't
live there, but go home after a short vacation, right?

Uh, wrong again, dolt. Most winter tourists in FL stay at least six
months of the year, and have RESIDENCES there. Remember now, I've
lived in Florida, for several years, how long did you live there
again?

Not according to your own cite, which says the peak is only January to
March and that the largest influx is only during the height of the
winter season. That's hardly the "at least six months of the year" that
you claim. Learn to read, will ya?

Steve