Larry Wald

Default Lake Erie Nasty Tonight

The eastern basin is the deepest part of the lake so I don't think a
sustained breeze would have much effect. The western basin is much more
shallow, allowing the wind to have the effect it does.

WaIIy wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:17:53 -0500, (Bob
D.) wrote:

For one, I think lake Erie's prevailing winds are out of the southwest, so
my guess is there is much less of a chance for a sustained wind out of the
east to cause what you are referring to as often as we woud see what
recently happened on the west end of the lake. Second the eastern end of
the lake is the deeper end, requiring much more energy to produce the same
impact.

My father went and looked out upon Maumee Bay (on the western end of Lake
Erie), during this last wind storm. IT WAS EMPTY!

Bob Dimond

Good observations, Robert. There rarely is an Easterly wind on Lake
Erie.