DSK

Doug Kanter wrote:
... I was spotted by the Coast Guard and
deemed to be a clear threat to homeland security.

I agree with Short Wave Sportfishing, you should call them up and get
this straightened out. There is no point whatever in paying a fine when
you appear to be in compliance.

BTW I'd like to see the requirememnt for a "distress flag" is this
something new? last I heard, you needed a distress signal of approved
type... different can o' worms.

Try poking around here, should have some useful contact info
http://www.uscg.mil/d9/wwm/marinesafety/index.htm

Good luck. So far, all the Coasties I have been inspected by have been
very professional. Sounds like you had some bad luck.

Fair Skies
Doug King