Horace Brownbag

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:04:28 -0400, "Skip Gundlach" skip make this
all one word with my last name next to my first gundlach@adelphia dot
fish catcher net (sorry bout the spamtrap!) wrote:

"Horace Brownbag" wrote in message
news

snip
The pull of the eye is not inline with the slot of the hook...so it
will always pull the link of the chain to one side.

Pragmatically I don't know if this cant of the link would be
significant unless one puts it to the test will some heavy and or
prolonged load.

I don't expect the couple-inch-off-center pull, particularly 20 or so feet
out, would make any difference that could be measured. However, being
somewhat of a pragmatist but more of a neatnik (elegant solutions rather
than Rube Goldberg), I'm resistant to three shackles just to be able to
attach two lines to a device not designed for the task.

snip

It's my understanding that it's the distance from the eye to hook, and
the offset twixt the two. Under heavy load it will bend the link.

Skip and Lydia, watching Ivan move west and keeping our fingers crossed

Yeah....two is enough for one year.