Rosalie B.

Kelton Joyner wrote:

Do what we here in Florida. Fill the bath tub with water before the
power goes out. Put a bucket in the bath room, then use a bucket of
water to flush the toilet.
krj

Well that's what we do too - those of us that are prepared. But after
a week, you may run out of water. We used to pull water out of the
pond in that case. I don't know if the flooding would have impacted
the septic tank though.

Rosalie B. wrote:
(Parallax) wrote:

In 1985, got hit by Hurricane Kate. Didnt have power for three weeks.
Used our trusty carbide lamps for light. Not too useful for sailing
although they would be useful for JAX (throw some calcium carbide into
the bilge to clean it). So why is it that ppl in VA think not having
power for a few days was such a disaster?

In our part of the world, when we don't have power, we don't have
water either because the pump in the well is electric. So no flush
toilets, no water, and no heat (if it is in the cold months), no TV to
see the Weather Channel, and no computer.

Plus of course no refrigeration.

It's something when you go out to the boat to use the bathroom.

grandma Rosalie

grandma Rosalie