Courtney Thomas

Yes, that's what I seek, for anchoring.

Thank you.
Courtney

Skip Gundlach wrote:

PS this is not what you'd originally asked about, I don't think. It's for
anchoring, not securing your anchor in the rollers...

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

"Skip Gundlach" skip make this all one word with my last name next to my
first gundlach@adelphia dot fish catcher net (sorry bout the spamtrap!)
wrote in message ...

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message

Doug,

I don't see a chain grabber in the current W.Marine catalog buy do see a
chain grabber for $20 in Hamilton Marine's.

The add says the shackle holes are 1/2", which apparently requires a
shackle to use.

How exactly does the manufacturer intend that it be used, assuming it's
like yours ?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...play?storeId=1

0001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=20556

It took some looking but I found it. It slips over the chain like a

logging

chain hook would, but has two sides. Shackles through the holes, lines
through the shackles and then yoked off to the forward cleats.

I currently use the logging hook and rode method, but it's only one side,
causing some imbalance. I might spring for the 20 bux, as it should cause
it to ride straight.

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig
http://tinyurl.com/384p2

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II