Philip Carroll

We know he wasn't a shining star, otherwise we would all have his GPA on the
tube every 10 miniutes.
"John Deere" wrote in message
news:bHV0ZWZpc2s=.81129a92e9ec1e636a4db3b550309663 @1094791402.nulluser.com...
felton wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:14:50 -0000 (GMT), "John Deere"
wrote:

Since the White House only got copies of the documents this week, from

CBS,
for comment on the story, they maybe didn't have time to consult

multiple
experts on document authenticity and get the reports back. The blogs

beat
them to it. I suspect that if you asked GW if any of his dad's friends

put
in a good word for him to get him into the Air Guard, he would say, "I
assume they did, yes. Why not?" I don't think there were many doctor's

sons
who passed the draft physical, if they wanted to flunk it. Definitely

not
heroic, but not uncommon either. Bush would have been an officer (like
Kerry) in any case, and officers had more choices even when they ended

up
in Vietnam.

Philip Carroll wrote:

Well, Bush wouldn't have been an officer "like Kerry", as Bush
received a direct appointment, bypassing any required officer
training. The only case of that happening for a pilot, as far as I
have been able to determine. Kerry actually had to go to officer's
training. I suppose it was that 25 percentile that Bush scored that
qualified him to skip all that unnecessary officer training.

Don't bet your boat on that 25th percentile figure. I know where it comes
from and it's not from a news source. It's originally from a Bush-hater's
online list of all the grievous sins of GW Bush, most of which are

complete
fabrications or the deliberate misreading of a military document. But if
you do bet on it, bet with another raving liberal that cares nothing for
the truth. Then you may have a chance.