Jonathan Ganz

In article bHV0ZWZpc2s=.b006ca2047413a79e91d30c92f02c074@109 4778890.nulluser.com,
John Deere wrote:
Since the White House only got copies of the documents this week, from CBS,
for comment on the story, they maybe didn't have time to consult multiple
experts on document authenticity and get the reports back. The blogs beat
them to it. I suspect that if you asked GW if any of his dad's friends put
in a good word for him to get him into the Air Guard, he would say, "I
assume they did, yes. Why not?" I don't think there were many doctor's sons
who passed the draft physical, if they wanted to flunk it. Definitely not
heroic, but not uncommon either. Bush would have been an officer (like
Kerry) in any case, and officers had more choices even when they ended up
in Vietnam.

My understanding is that Kerry actually showed up for all his
physicals.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com