Gilligan

I'm not familiar with the G-1 but I have a stainless Mini-14. The chamber is
oversized so it can fire that cheap steel cased Russian ammo no problem. My
Contender won't chamber the Russian ammo, probably because of the laquered
cases. Make sure along with guns you also have cigars and whiskey (single
malt). The FN is a fine weapon. .308 ammo is expensive nowadays. As you
know, I heartily approve of firearms on boats.
How's your trawler doing? Have you gone on any long cruises? Do you tow a
small daysailer behind?

"DSK" wrote in message
Gilligan wrote:
Jonathan, Thanks for the information. I'm going out to stock up on some

more
assault rifles. Will you be able to buy some in California? I'd

recommend
the H&K model 91 for some real firepower. Get at least a dozen 30 round
magazines.

That's a nice gun. I don't know why you'd need that many magazines though.

At one point in my life I had an FN-FAL. Accurate, easier to clean than
the H&K... a little clunky though. The real pick of the bunch IMHO is
the H&R T-48.

Hey Gilly what do you think of a stainless Ruger G-1 to carry on the
tugboat? With a bayonet, of course!

DSK