katysails

Quit saying that...you aren't old...you
're just aged...like wine...or cheese....

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
The latest on forestay.
The stay parted at the top and split the upper section of the foil about
two foot down.

The rigger got the furler assembly on the dock and started to take it
apart. It was assembled with large amounts of Loctite an each joint
required torching. Long slow labor intensive work. After two joints, I
said, "replace the furl with a new harken " Fourteen years of trouble
free service it doesn't own me anything.

New one is on order. With luck, should be installed by the end of the
month.

My Birthday Present to Me.

At 78 yrs of age it is going to be a good buy for some one. Brand new
bottom, Standing rigging overhaul. New halyards and head sail furler,
new main sail and sail cover. I'll soon have to part with my baby. Damn
old age!

Ole Thom