Gould 0738

What is so strange about the time periods he quoted. He took office in
January 1992 and left January 2000.

I'll type very slowly and see if that helps.

1. I pointed out that the national debt has increased by about 40% since Bush
took office.

2. John H rebutted that it also increased about 40% when Clinton was in office

***
Important difference: The increase under Clinton took place over an eight year
period. The increase under Bush in four.
Not an equivalent comparison.

********
At the rate the Bush debt is increasing, it could easily be *double* what it
was in 2000 if we see "four more years" of unrestrained spending by the party
that is supposed to be fiscally conservative and believes in "small
government".