Doug Dotson

Our setup is that our primary anchor is maintianed on the windlass.
One deployed we secure it with a chain stopper on a bridle that
is secured to both foredeck cleats. Once secured the windlass is free to
be used for the secondary anchor. Once set, it is secured to a deck
cleat (it is 50 ft chain and the rest rope).

Doug
s/v Callista

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
Assuming an anchor from the bow is to be deployed using the windlass, what
is the proper technique for deploying a second anchor and what is
recommended to secure it's rode ?

For example, if the second anchor is taken out in the dinghy and lowered
away, what is then the best technique for securing the second's rode for
storm security ?

Also, if the original is not left on the windlass, what is regarded as the
stoutest method of securing it as well ?

Both rodes might be all chain, or mixed.

Appreciatively,
Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny