Jeff Morris

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Jeff Morris wrote:
... And I noticed someone
attributed it to Ellis (who designed the NE38, renamed NE400, as well as the
Nonsuch's) but it actually came from the board of Bill Crealock.

My bad. You're right, it is a Crealock design. I don't know where I got
the mistaken idea it was from Mark Ellis.

I assume you were confused because Cabo Rico is the builder of the Ellis
designed NorthEast 400 (orginally the NE38). It is a very different design.
http://www.caborico.com/ne/index.html
http://www.caborico.com/caborico/caborico38.html

Curiously, in 1994 my wife and I were at the Newport Boat Show to check out
various boats to see what would replace out Nonsuch 30. On the "short list" at
the time were a Nonsuch 36, a Freedom 45, and we wanted to see the new NE38.
However, also at the show were three Prout catamarans, and our thinking was
dramatically altered.

One might think the NE38 is about as far was you can get from a catamaran, but a
cruising cat can be thought of as a high performance motor sailor.