Scout

just saw it now and replied.
Scout

"Seahag" wrote in message
Not sure yet, did you read Mr.H's post on this thread from last night?

He's
preparing to try to check the wires where they cross over the stove

area...

Seahag

"Scout" wrote:
Well IMHO, that is better than an intermittent problem!
If you've got 13 volts at the bulb and a good 12 volt bulb, what's left?
Scout

"Seahag" wrote:
No, now they're out full time:^)

"Scout" wrote:
so it's working now? what was the problem?
Scout

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scout" wrote:
If you've got 13 volts at the light bulb end of the wires, then

the
problem
could be:
1. faulty light bulb(s).

Did that.

2. faulty light socket(s) (perhaps oxide has built up on the

bulb,
the socket, or the wire ends, which could be the resistance you
mentioned).

Did that.

3. faulty light switch(es) (pull the bulb out and check voltage

at
the socket; make sure the switch is in the ON position).

Did that.

4. loose wire (make sure all terminals are oxide free and tight.

Since you
have more than one light in this circuit, I'm going to assume

they
daisy
chain (jumper) from one fixture to the next, make sure all wires

are
secure on all 4 fixtures.

Did that. No longer intermittant. Bill's really happy about

that!

"Seahag" wrote in message
So the aft-most two dome lights (12 volt) on a 4 light circuit

have been
giving me the blues for a month or so. Intermittant most of

the
time but
now dead, sort of... Bill replaced the switch on one and they

both worked
until he left town...After another day of meters and torn up

galley seems
he's getting 13 volts through the wires but it won't light the
bulb...He's
thinking there is some sort of resistance somewhere. Any

ideas?
Experience? Jokes?? The Taiwanese in their infinite wisdumb
epoxied the
wires into the deck beams and cabin sides!!!

Seahag
(Dinner's on before dark!)