Seahag

No, now they're out full time:^)

Seahag

"Scout" wrote:
so it's working now? what was the problem?
Scout

"Seahag" wrote in message

"Scout" wrote:
If you've got 13 volts at the light bulb end of the wires, then the

problem
could be:
1. faulty light bulb(s).

Did that.

2. faulty light socket(s) (perhaps oxide has built up on the bulb, the
socket, or the wire ends, which could be the resistance you

mentioned).

Did that.

3. faulty light switch(es) (pull the bulb out and check voltage at the
socket; make sure the switch is in the ON position).

Did that.

4. loose wire (make sure all terminals are oxide free and tight. Since

you
have more than one light in this circuit, I'm going to assume they

daisy
chain (jumper) from one fixture to the next, make sure all wires are

secure
on all 4 fixtures.

Did that. No longer intermittant. Bill's really happy about that!

Seahag

Scout

"Seahag" wrote in message
So the aft-most two dome lights (12 volt) on a 4 light circuit have

been
giving me the blues for a month or so. Intermittant most of the

time
but
now dead, sort of... Bill replaced the switch on one and they both

worked
until he left town...After another day of meters and torn up galley

seems
he's getting 13 volts through the wires but it won't light the

bulb...He's
thinking there is some sort of resistance somewhere. Any ideas?
Experience? Jokes?? The Taiwanese in their infinite wisdumb

epoxied
the
wires into the deck beams and cabin sides!!!

Seahag
(Dinner's on before dark!)