Michael

All else aside . .I'll be in the GL June to July and on down the St.
Lawrence. Maine and NewEngland for Aug and Sept. After next years storm
season for the Chez. I will look forward to stopping by andthanking both
of you for a lot of years of . . . . ..asa friendship.

M.

"Seahag" wrote in message
These are False Dark Mussels apparently becoming abundant due to a couple

of
years with lots of rain. They're too small to eat, fortunately for the
Bay:^) I think there are Zebras in northern areas of the Chesapeake, but
not down here yet. Wish they'd hurry up and get here!

Seahag

"katysails" wrote:
Ah, so the zebra mussels have finally found you. When they first arrive
they are a terrible PITA because there's so much food for them, but

then,
when they get things cleaned up a bit, they're not so terrible to live

with
unless you forget they are as sharp as razor blades and grab hold of
them....
"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good

winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been

seeing
lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual.

Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little

buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our

diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag