Lauri Tarkkonen

In "Jeff Morris" writes:

I'd agree with some of your conclusions, especially that a folding prop is
perhaps not useful for the OP's Westsail. Since a 2-blade fixed can be lined up
in the aperture to minimize drag, there's little reason to sacrifice reverse
capability with a folder. I can't imagine trying to "crash stop" a Westsail
with a poor performing prop.

There are good props and bad props in folding and unfolding category.
A good folding prop is better on reverse (and thus in stopping) as a bad
fixed prop. I have tried it, when I lost my folding prop (GORI) and had
to settle for a fixed one with equal diamerer and pitch. Wit my folding
prop there was never any trouble in reversing or stopping the boat, the
fixed one could not get me out from a berth against a 25 knot breeze.

- Lauri Tarkkonen