Bart Senior

Clean the bulb base and fixture contact area.
Reinstall bulb with some dielectric grease to
prevent corrosion. The grease won't act as an
insulator. The pressure of the contact will
displace it.

If that does not work try new bulbs.

If not that, I'd check the wires to the fixture.
Chances are good there is corrosion where
the house wiring meets the fixture wiring.

"Seahag" wrote

So the aft-most two dome lights (12 volt) on a 4 light circuit have been
giving me the blues for a month or so. Intermittant most of the time but
now dead, sort of... Bill replaced the switch on one and they both worked
until he left town...After another day of meters and torn up galley seems
he's getting 13 volts through the wires but it won't light the bulb...He's
thinking there is some sort of resistance somewhere. Any ideas?
Experience? Jokes?? The Taiwanese in their infinite wisdumb epoxied the
wires into the deck beams and cabin sides!!!

Seahag
(Dinner's on before dark!)