Scout

If you've got 13 volts at the light bulb end of the wires, then the problem
could be:
1. faulty light bulb(s).
2. faulty light socket(s) (perhaps oxide has built up on the bulb, the
socket, or the wire ends, which could be the resistance you mentioned).
3. faulty light switch(es) (pull the bulb out and check voltage at the
socket; make sure the switch is in the ON position).
4. loose wire (make sure all terminals are oxide free and tight. Since you
have more than one light in this circuit, I'm going to assume they daisy
chain (jumper) from one fixture to the next, make sure all wires are secure
on all 4 fixtures.
Scout

"Seahag" wrote in message
So the aft-most two dome lights (12 volt) on a 4 light circuit have been
giving me the blues for a month or so. Intermittant most of the time but
now dead, sort of... Bill replaced the switch on one and they both worked
until he left town...After another day of meters and torn up galley seems
he's getting 13 volts through the wires but it won't light the bulb...He's
thinking there is some sort of resistance somewhere. Any ideas?
Experience? Jokes?? The Taiwanese in their infinite wisdumb epoxied the
wires into the deck beams and cabin sides!!!

Seahag
(Dinner's on before dark!)