PaddlingPair

In article ,
Steven Laughmiller wrote:

I am building a CLC Chesapeak 17. Getting ready to put the glass on
the hull bottom and was wondering about putting a keel strip on to
protect the bottom a little. I assume one would do this after the
glassing prior to varnishing? Would you just put it on the stern and
bow or length of boat? I was thinking of kevlar but thought this
might be overkill; most of my landings will be sandy beaches and
sometimes lake banks without rocks. Appreciate the help and thoughts.
Steve

Oderint dum metuant.

There is an excellent article on this subject in the new Sea Kayaker
magazine! Take a look at it.