El Penguini

Default Winterizing Costs for Pontoon Boat

Hello -

I recently moved onto a small inland lake (511 Acres) and am looking to
purchase a pontoon boat for spring usage. I have been advised that
purchases in the Fall are at a steep discount, because owners want to avoid
winterizing fees.

The marina is telling me that winterizing the boat and motor will be about
$1000. Is this right? My local marina told me to pull and store the boat
is about $150 (including shrinkwrap) or I misunderstood his message.

What should winterizing cost, and what can I do myself?

El Penguini - 1/2 Penguin, 1/2 Chicken - All Fowl
"Penguins is practically chickens"