basskisser

Default 3 or 4 blade props?

"Joe" wrote in message news:Pgstb.58486
All *planning hulls* will see *some* improvement in efficiency at various
speeds. This improvement will mostly be realized in slow to midrange speeds.

So, JoeTechnician, are you trying to say that trim tabs, when extended
into the water, don't create drag? My contention is a properly trimmed
boat, ie: weight distribution, etc. is correct, wouldn't need trim
tabs. Why would a company build a hull that was engineered to give a
unefficient ride?? I can see the use of trim tabs to get on plane, but
after that, they ARE creating drag, and a good bit. Do this, take a
plate of material the same size as the TWO trim tabs, fill your
bathtub full of water, and try to pull those through the water. Now
using some simple math, you'd see that at planning speed, that drag is
quite a bit.