DSK

William R. Watt wrote:
In sailing terminology any double ender is a "canoe" hull.

No it isn't. If it were, then why would we need both terms? I think
you're confused by the fact that *some* double enders are said to have
"canoe sterns."

... A sailing canoe
is just as much a sailboat as any other, and a much better performer than
some,

You mean like the IC class canoes? Yep they are pretty zippy. But I got
the idea you were not talking about anything resembling those boats.

.... like those dumpy New England catboats.

Harumph.

Some New England catboats are dumpy & slow. Many are not. You should get
out more.

In the immortal words of Rudyard Kipling, "Harumph, yourself."

Fresh Breezes- Doug King