William R. Watt

William R. Watt ) writes:
I'd varnish the blades and oil the shaft. Protecting the edges with 3

Just to add that I oil the home made spruce spars for my sail boats with a
rag soaked in ordinary cooking oil (old jug of corn oil I stopped using
for cooking in favour of canola oil). This works fine. If you don't want
to buy special oils it would be fine for the shaft of the paddle which is
not in the water.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm