Jere Lull

Garuda wrote:
If It's biodegradable, it's deep six'd.

In article xtQYc.73282$9d6.4269@attbi_s54, Dan Best
wrote:

Add to that anything that rusts (such as tin cans) or made out of glass
goes over the side into deep water.

Paper usually gets burned.

About the only thing that gets stored for later disposal is plastic and
aluminum. Both of which we try to minimize in our buying.

Off shore, I'd add aluminum as it's natural, one of the most abundant
metals and, as far as I have heard, not injurious to any life form.
About all I would not toss would be plastic and petroleum products.

Inshore is a very different, of course, but rubbish is (generally) easy
& cheap to get rid of.

Travelling between islands, I personally would store my trash in port,
dumping well offshore as *our* little bit affects the wide sea not at
all, but it would contribute slightly to the near-shore problems.

--
Jere Lull