saltare

Default Supra overheating

I have an 85 Supra Saltare witha PCM 454 Chevy inboard engine that is
overheating as soon as it gets revved over idle speed. I have replaced
impeller, thermostat, and water pump with no change. I know the hose is
clear from the impeller to the water intake under the boat, because I ran
water from the impeller down to the water intake, but it doesn't appear to
be taking the water in up to the impeller. I checked this by unhooking the
hose from the impeller to the thermostate housing and its not getting any
water. I know the impeller is turning i.e. turning gear operates correctly
and belt is not slipping. I am at wits end. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Saltare