Karl Denninger

In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 00:07:12 GMT, "bomar" wrote:

My experience in DD 2 strokes is limited to trucks and farm equipment, and I
have seen a ****load of them smoke over the years.

Karl's right. When they are in good condition, they don't smoke.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking a look at the intercoolers
(assuming it has them). They can definitely restrict air flow.

They're aftercoolers (10:1 odds given the year) and getting to them requires
pulling the blower, which is a major pain in the ass.

That is the purpose of the airbox/airhorn pressure test I asked him to run.

It will RELIABLY indicate if the aftercoolers are fouled, and you're right -
this is one of the major reasons for this particular problem.

Pulling the blower without KNOWING the coolers are fouled sucks - if you
take it all apart and they're CLEAN you just did 8 hours of work PER ENGINE
- or more, considering you now need to retune them as well - for nothing.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind