Karl Denninger

In article ,
bomar wrote:

Love those old 2 stroke Detroits!
Nothing like the sound of one of those screaming away....

Here is a great site for marine diesels:
http://boatdiesel.com/Forums

Those old Detroits will always smoke more than a modern design.
Black smoke = fuel rich (worn injectors )

The 2 stroke Detroits have NO injector pump, so that is not an issue.

Those engines will suck as much air as they need - I put zero creedence in
the not enough air theory.

Again, those engines awlays are pretty smoky. If the injectors are OK, and
you are running diesel with a high enough Cetane, learn to love the smoke.

Bull****.

I have 6V92TAs and mine do not smoke or foul the transom AT ALL.

Its all in them being set up correctly, in proper tune, and not having
maintenance problems of one kind or another.

If they're smoking something is ****ed up.

I've yet to see a Detroit 2-stroke that I can't stop from smoking, unless
the compression is low - in which case its immediately obvious on a cold
start and the only fix is a rebuild.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind