Rick

The cable should not be shortened at least that is what I was told. It
does not harm the unit to turn it on with out the transducer being
connected.

Rick

Rob Mills wrote:
I'm rigging an old Lowrance LFG300 flasher to use in a pedal boat (I know,
I'm nuts) that's to be used on a small residential lake. I would like to
shorten the cable to about 6 or 8 ft. Will this have any or much effect on
the unit? I'm only interested in checking depth of lake as it's been years
since the lake was dredged.

Also, does turning this unit on with out the transponder connected do any
harm to this unit.

Rob Mills ~ Tulsa