Peter

Default Rubbish (trash/garbage for our American cousins)

The refit of Hinewai proceeds apace and starting to appear at the
bottom of the list on Page 2 (and therefore worth starting to
consider) is rubbish (garbage/trash) stowage.

Working within the rules and regs about what can be dumped overboard,
when and where, and even allowing for minimising packaging when
stowing, we still always end up some stuff we have to store on
passage. We always try and wash any foodstuffs etc off it, but it
still starts to hum (smell/pong) a bit after a while.

What do the other august readers of this group do with their trash
that can't go overboard at sea? Where do you stow it? How do you
stop it smelling?

Peter

www.oceanodyssey.net

Peter & Jean looking for sponsors for the Melbourne-Osaka in 2007, and
promising we will get round to updating our website this year.

"Do not measure your life by the number of breaths you take,
Rather by the number of times life just takes your breath away"