JohnC

Anxious to share your experiences. I really don't want to make a "huge"
mistake.

Steve

If you don't want to go ANYWHERE and want to live on the water, a
houseboat would suit that need.

But do I sense a troll at work here?

If you're for real...don't buy that 40 year old houseboat! You'll be
sorry!

John C.

Sorry to sound so negative, it's just that a you can get into some big
problems with old boats. The bigger the boat, the bigger and more
expensive the problems and if it's your first boat you may be in for
WAY more than you expected.
If you're going to buy an old houseboat like that, make very sure that
you get it well inspected.
Like others mentioned, they are not very seaworthy so you really
can't plan on using it like others would use a cabin cruiser.
Good luck! ,..don't let my comments or others stop you if it's what
you really want to do... just go into it with open eyes and very
cautiously!
John C.