Doug Kanter

"sel1" wrote in message
.. .
There seems to be a rather high demand for rental houseboats on
the Rideau canal system, the great lakes etc etc. From my visits to

marinas,
there are far more houseboats than cruisers to rent.

You should inquire as to how the average rental customer USES those
houseboats on the Great Lakes. The mere presence of those boats doesn't
speak to their seaworthiness. One afternoon on Lake Ontario when it's in an
"interesting" mood and you'll see what I mean. You may even be able to tell
your friends about it after you're finished with trauma counseling. :-)