Ron

I just got back from sailing the canoe thru East Harbor (Ohio State Park)
and into Lake Erie with a great south wind (I parked my bike at the beach
and rode it into the wind to get my car). I moved the sail and leeboard
forward each time I took it out and each time it improved windward sailing.
I did keep weight forward windward and probably sheeted too tight but had a
great "Nantucket Sleighride" moving aft with the wind. Still lots of
weather helm to the point of no time to eat a sandwich but in a gust it was
exciting. I plan on rigging a rudder but still want to understand the
balance. I do have very limited experience in a Lazer but right now I
prefer the challenge of the canoe.
Thanks for your advice
"Old Nick" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:32:52 +0800, Old Nick
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Well _I_ thought ot was an OK reply.....
Marriage. Where two people decide to get together so
that neither of them can do what they want to because
of the other one.