Bill Kiene

Marko,

You can shop for price on a Mercury 60hp EFI 4 stroke or a (new for
2005)Yamaha 60hp EFI 4 stroke. They are basically the same powerheads
(Yamaha).

Or you can buy either one that the dealer that is close to you has (for
service reasons) or a dealer you prefer.

Actually all the 4 strokes are Japanese technology so they are all good.
Some have EFI (all will soon over 40hp) and some are lighter in certain
sizes.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"Marko" wrote in message
m...

I recently had a post asking if I should go with the 40hp or 50hp
Honda. Thanks to those who responded, I'm going with the bigger motor.

I have since done more research and have come across this thing called
EFI. My gut tells me to stick with the Honda, but the "EFI hype" seems
real. My dealer carries Mercury and Johnson EFI 4-strokes. Should I
consider those or should I just stick with Honda reliability? I've
been thinking a lot about the Mercury 60hp EFI. It's the same size as
the Merc 50 so I might as well jump up to the 60. Of course I'll have
to consider cost before making a final decision.