Brian Nystrom

Gene Cosloy wrote:

I've a Bruxton 70P for my Chatham 16 which has a place to mount and
install. Since the compass came with out instructions what is the
proper procedure for mounting correctly? Also if I drill a tiny hole
for the small screws supplied do I also need some kind of sealer?

I've installed them on several boats. All you need to do is drill small
holes and the stock screws work perfectly. There is no stress on the
compass, so machine screws and nuts are unnecessary overkill and the
screws have no tendency to loosen. If your boat is fiberglass, I'd use a
small dab of sealer under each screw when you install them. If the boat
is plastic, it should seal itself, especially if you drill undersize
holes that fit the screws tightly.