Dan Valleskey

I'm thinking of adding an extra thwart to my MR Freedom, I want it to
be a thwart that installs with two screws on each side. I think I am
getting side to side shimmy. A single screw on each side would not do
much to stop that.

Thoughts? Am I full of crap?

-Dan V.

On 28 Aug 2004 19:31:29 -0700, (Eric Nyre)
wrote:

For the gunwale comment:

I've seen ultra-light boats without enough thwarts to handle any type
of wave. I typically add one or two thwarts to my whitewater boats, to
stiffen the sides and reinforce them. I do that mostly on Royalex but
would probably do the same on composite. If the gunwales are not
properly supported, they will flex to no end and pop goes the weasel.