Paul Herring

"Tom McCloud" wrote in message
On 26 Aug 2004 14:25:34 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:
someone mentioned in another newsgroup a report of finding someone dead

in
a kayak. is this possible?

It's been probably 20 years ago that a group of paddlers completed
section 4 Chattooga, and were making that fla****er paddle to
take-out. One guy in a kayak dropped back, and, apparently suffering
a heart attack, rolled over. At some point later another group of
paddlers came upon the overturned kayak, assuming it was a boat lost
on the river, rolled it over and found a dead man still in it. I no
longer remember the name of the victim but I know the guy who rolled
the kayak up.

If this is the incident I'm thinking of I was on Section III that day with
a Coastal Canoists trip.I beleive the raft that turned the kayak back
upright might have been other members of the same Coastals group on their
annual Smokies summer week affair.
I'll bet that incident put a major freeze on the "group camaraderie" to say
the least.
Paul

Second answer is a question to our Canadian members: you know the
definition of kayak disease at it applies to the Inuit?
Tom McCloud