Kenneth McClelland

I would think yes, but not because of leaks. I would put something on them
to keep them tight. I hate having to go around tightening everything on my
toys. On my cars, boats, bikes etc I always use lock-tight or some epoxy (if
it is never to come apart again). You don't say what kind of screws came
with it. My preference would be to use small bolts with the nut having the
nylon insert that keeps it from backing off. This could then be covered in
epoxy or RTV to keep it from snagging anything that would be pulled past it.

Just my 2cents

--

"Gene Cosloy" wrote in message
om...
I've a Bruxton 70P for my Chatham 16 which has a place to mount and
install. Since the compass came with out instructions what is the
proper procedure for mounting correctly? Also if I drill a tiny hole
for the small screws supplied do I also need some kind of sealer?

Gene Cosloy