Bobsprit

If you have the opportunity... try a Cabo Rico 38. I had one chartered for 3
weeks in Eluthra, Bahamas. We sailed the Exuma Cays. A truly spectacular
vessel, quick and well built.

This summer I got to take the wheel of quite a few boats, Tayana 48, Shannon
38, Gemini 105, C&C 41....all new boats to me. I also sailed a few others in
North Carolina including a Hobie 18 and something called a Beneteau 21, which
I've seen many times but never sailed until recently.
Sailing various designs is great fun and you're right: Best way to find what
you like.

RB