Thom Stewart

Nutsy;

For sure, I'm on my last boat. I knew it was my last boat 14 years ago,
when I brought it. Capitol did a pretty nice job of letting me
Semi-custom it.

The years are taking a bigger toll on the old man than on the boat. Was
about ready to put it in the hands of a broker this year.. Got a second
life with a new crew that changed my mind.

14 years ago I saw this time coming an purchased a boat that I would be
able to handle. Wanted a boat I could handle by myself or with others.
That was the reason for Furling 150 headsail set up and fully battened
main in Lazy Jacks. The right choice, for me! Wanted inside steering
but didn't want a Motorsailer. Thought the Gulf 32 was the boat but a
test sail proved me wrong. The Broker suggested the 29. He was RIGHT!

It has been a much better sail than I had hope to get. A great boat for
an evening sail or a week-end. If the weather socks me while I'm out,
I can hole up and not come home and be comfortable in the Pilothouse. I
can sail year round in comfort with Cabin Heat, Micro wave oven, two
burner stove, twin basin sink, chest ice box ( I should have went with
the cold plate) hot & cold water/ with shower, 12Vdc to 120Vac inverter.
I'm at home abroad.

It turned out to be a much better sailer than I figured. My crew bugged
me to race it. I registered in the Cruising Class and raced for about 10
years ( Middle of a 12 boat fleet)

So, I recommend, around the 60 year mark in life start thinking about
what your last boat should be,

I'm very glad I did

Ole Thom