Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Umm...I don't think so. Notice that he specifically did _not_ mention the
fact that the DNC's chief lawyer also was also the lawyer for the 527s on
the Dem side of the fence. His position was entirely consistent--advice by a
lawyer, who is bound by the canons of ethics to maintain the confidentiality
of each client's information, is not prohibited coordination. On the other
hand when Ickes was instrumental in setting up the 527s while at the same
time serving on the DNC's executive committee, and Richardson had an active
roll in running other 527s while at the same time serving as chairman of the
Dems' convention, that crossed the line of prohibited coordination.

I think instead that he realized realistically that the Dems might succeed,
with media help, in throwing eyewash at the electorate, ignoring these
distinctions and applying their usual double standard.

Bush LIED about it. There's no getting past that Mr. Poodle.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com