Geoffrey W. Schultz

(Ayesha) wrote in news:1gj38e0.19ehvjqvs1lvsN%
:

Is anyone using a Xantrex Pathmaker? I'd like to swap experiences after
one season's use

I installed a 2 bank unit last year and the LEDS on the initial unit didn't
all light.

Replaced with another unit which failed within a month. Symptom: didn't
disconnect when voltage dropped below disconnect voltage setting.

Replaced with 3 bank unit (free upgrade) which occasionally fails to
connect when charging from alternator.

While I like the theory, I find that it doesn't always do what it's
supposed to in practice, and it doesn't seem that it should be that
complex.

-- Geoff