Paddlec1

It's been one system after another coming through here, rain down in the
valleys, and snow up high. Predicted high here tomarrow is 53 derees, best to
be prepared for anything. You will need a decent tent, and outer clothing that
will keep the inner layers dry. Guess you likely already know that. And as Bill
mentioned, be carefull about the wind, wind related fatalities are not uncommon
up there. Just a couple years ago a ranger lost his life after capsizing,
before that it was Boy Scouts.
I don't mean to negative at all, you'll just have more fun if you know what
you're getting into.

I am north of the park, about fifty miles. The Gallatin flows north out of the
park, and I'm very near it at Bozeman.

Dennis

Whoa! Snow. Well, thanks for the info. And on that topic, I started reading
Nelson's
book last night. He mentioned the water temp in that area is usually in the
50s even
in mid-summer. That's something to be concerned about. I have a wet suit, so
will
definitely bring it. You are north of YS a bit?

Paddlec1 wrote:

Weather here can be very nice this time of year, but right now it is

snowing.
It's been snowing in the high country for three days now, so you might want

consider (or maybe you already have) taking cold weather gear.

Dennis