William R. Watt

for more ideas and opinions look under the recent subject of mast raising in
this newsgroup and ott.rec.sailing.

I'd suggest doing any mast raising and lowering somewhere where there are
no people around. I was lowering a mast by myself with the boat moored to
a crowded sailing club dock when the mast slipped and fell. Of course I
acted as if that was exaclty what I wanted to happen but was a bit
disconcerted by the potential harm to fellow club members had any been in
the path of the free falling mast.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm